What is Rock Up Netball?
Rock Up Netball is the social way to play delivered by Netball Victoria and VicHealth initiative.
We offer non-traditional netball activities in a safe and inclusive environment.
The program is a flexible, ‘pay as you play’ option to organised physical activity bringing the element of fun in social setting.
Who is this program suitable for?
Rock Up Netball welcome participants 15+ with any fitness and skill level. Coaches adapt sessions according to participants experience and needs.
How do I register?
We encourage all participants to pre-register online under the 'Play' section of the website.
All our Events open for registration are listed on this page.
Each Event has details for TEAM & INDIVIDUAL registrations.
To ensure we provide opportunities for everyone, we also have many FILL-IN Opportunities.
What do I wear?
Participants are encouraged to wear what they feel comfortable in. Rock Up Netball prefers 'activewear' over traditional netball uniforms.
Do I need to have previous netball experience?
No. Rock Up Netball prides itself in creating a social atmosphere where by current players, past players and new players can join together to enjoy playing this fantastic sport.
Do I need a team to play in Rock Up Netball Social Competitions?
No. The fantastic thing about Rock Up Netball Social Competitions is that players can enter as an individual or as a fill-in and be placed into a team by the administrator.
Do I need to commit to the whole season?
No. Rock Up Netball provides flexibility, and you simply ‘pay as you play’. Fill-in Opportunities are available.
Do I need a Netball Victoria membership?
Players are not required to hold a Netball Victoria Membership. All players who participate in Rock Up Netball are covered in case of injury.
Can men take part in Rock Up Netball?
Yes. Rock Up Netball caters for both men and women with mixed competitions available.
How can I become a Rock Up Netball licence holder?
Netball associations, clubs and facility providers can become a Rock Up Netball licence holder.
Check out the licence information here.
What are the benefits of being a RUN licence holder?
The benefits and services available to RUN licence holders include the following:
- Affiliation with the peak sporting body of Netball in Victoria
- Access to Netball Victoria Programs for a fee
- Personal Accident and Public Liability Insurance
- Support and advice
- Access to RUN marketing collateral and relevant logos
- Access to the RUN registration platform
- Access to coach development workshops
- RUN branded netballs (specific to Social Competitions)
- Opportunities to increase exposure/usage to your facility
- Flexible playing and engagement models
- Opportunities to grow netball for men and women in your facility
- Opportunities to grow volunteers and members.
- Involvement in a growing successful product, Rock Up Netball
- Revenue opportunity